Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cherries Cherries everywhere, but




Cherries cherries everywhere but no more cherry chicken please

I love the Cherry Hut in Beulah, Michigan. It has received national attention and is
reknowned for its kitchy cherry menu, decor and merchandise. Skip chose a chef salad,
Danny a burger and me the cherry chicken salad. That is the last mayo-filled cherry chicken
I will ever get. I had loads of fun browsing all the kitsch: cherry aprons, cherry plastic wallets, cherry bag clips, cherry lunch bags, cherry yo yos…I got a cherry pie for Maury and Coleen. More on this later.
I learned some important Michigan cherry facts from the man in the photo.
Red cherries:
28 million pounds produced in 2008
23 million were from Michigan
16 million from Beulah to Traverse City (all approx and all red cherries, the
ones that are really good for you)

No comments:

Post a Comment