Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Suttons Bay


I love Suttons Bay



Last time we visited was with Jill and Charlie. It was Labor Day and most places were closed,

thus saving us lots of money. Today we split up: Skip to take pictures, Toni to shop and Danny

to O’Keefe’s Firehouse Pub. We ended up at O’Keefe’s. I’d found a shop that makes much of

the stuff it sells. I was frugal.

Back home we made sandwiches with the ciabatta Danny got at a Leland bakery. I left a slice

In the toaster too long and the smoke alarms began screaming and actually talking as Skip and

I waved magazines frantically back and forth. It said: Leave Now! Leave Now! Que se vayan ahora mismo! Danny was on the terrace talking to Carol and thought it was some idiot down the way. I was feared a landlady appearance, but we never heard a peep from her.

2 comments:

  1. a talking smoke alarm...did it say "are you burning the toast again?" :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was amazed at the talking since the average age of anything in the place was 1950s. Evidently the smoke alarm was advanced, but not as discerning as it could have been. We were in a state of comical panic, trying to stop all the talking and screaming.

    ReplyDelete